Monday, 20 April 2015

Who Might Need Certified Translation Services?

Certified translations are documents that have been translated from one language to another by a qualified professional translator. Due to the complex nature of certified translations, it often causes confusion as to when one really needs certified translation services. Before you hire someone to translate for you, you must confirm with the institution you are submitting a document to. Then again, if you are submitting to one of the following, it is safe to assume that you will need such services.

1. Lawyers

When it comes to law, certified translations are almost always necessary when a document written in foreign tongue would need to be presented at court.  Examples would be marriage licenses, birth certificates, and death certificates. Immigration law in particular is where you would need certified translations.

2. Schools, Universities, and Colleges

If you are an international applicant, most educational institutions would require you to present certified translations of some documents during the admission process. This might include diplomas, transcripts of records, and recommendations.

3. Companies and Corporations

Certified translation services are needed to validate a company’s important paperwork such as patent filings, financial reports, business agreements, and other legal documents, particularly if the company is expanding to reach international markets.

Even if you aren’t submitting pertinent papers, it might be a good idea to keep a copy of certified translations just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment